Livestock Insurance in Nebraska City NE & Omaha NE
Animals are Assets too
Miller Monroe Farrell Insurance Agency provides livestock insurance to farmers and ranchers in Nebraska City, Omaha, Lincoln, Plattsmouth, Auburn, Sidney, and surrounding areas.
Livestock insurance provides crucial protection from the financial consequences of the non-natural death of high-value animals. A farm or ranch risks losing money on animals due to unforeseen circumstances resulting in disease or injury.
The Miller Farrell Insurance Agency is ready to help you get multiple quotes for livestock insurance from reputable insurers.
What Is a Livestock Insurance Policy?
Livestock insurance is designed to help provide animal owners with financial stability when the unexpected happens. Whether your animal is at your ranch, farm, or in transit, they need proper insurance coverage.
A livestock insurance policy is typically tailored to meet the owner’s needs. There are two main types of livestock coverage:
- Scheduled livestock coverage helps cover certain animals identified by the owner. Each animal has an individual insurance limit assigned to provide customizable coverage based on the policy owner’s budget and needs. This insurance may be ideal for higher-value animals.
- Unscheduled (blanket) livestock coverage helps cover all farm property under a single policy limit. When the property owner covers their farm property up to its total value, this policy includes a coverage cushion if its value fluctuates or the insured person adds property.
Your agent can help evaluate your situation and suggest livestock insurance coverage and endorsements to help meet your needs. Common livestock solutions include:
- Feedlot, pasture and dairy cattle insurance
- Livestock auction market or packer insurance
- Higher-value animal insurance
- Livestock transit insurance
- Livestock ocean marine transit insurance
What Does Livestock Insurance Cover
With livestock insurance, your financial investment in your animals could be covered for the following losses:
- Weather events causing damage to your livestock
- Collision while in transit
If you insure animals individually, your policy may include specific limits for each animal. Depending on your situation, your agent may recommend additional endorsements to expand your coverage:
- Attack by wild animals or dogs
Whether you have a traditional farm with livestock or run a specialty business, we’ll help you determine which types of livestock insurance may benefit your organization.
What Is Livestock Mortality Insurance?
Organizations that rely on animals to produce income could be negatively affected by the non-natural death of livestock. Livestock mortality insurance helps provide coverage for high-value animals in transit and on premises. This coverage goes into effect if the animal dies due to a specific covered event, such as accidental shooting, unforeseen extreme weather or being hit by a vehicle.
How to Get Livestock Insurance
Contact the agents at Miller Farrell Insurance Agency in Nebraska City, Nebraska, today to get a livestock insurance policy tailored to meet the needs of your organization.